Friday, August 25, 2017

Manaiakalani Hui 2017 - CoL Presentation

Today was the annual Manaiakalani Hui.
Part of this was the was inquiry presentations from the CoL teachers. We has set up together under our Achievement Challenge banners and the visitors to the hui had to come round with their Bingo cards to ask about one of the Manaiakalani labels from the inquiry structure. After getting information about one of the labels, they got a stamp on their card.
I was with my colleagues under the banner for Achievement Challenge 1 - Raise Māori student achievement through the development of cultural visibility and responsive practices across the pathway as measured against National Standards and agreed targets for reading Years 1-10 and NCEA years 11-13.


Here is the presentation that I had running that gives a general overview of what I have been doing, but most of my time was spent with people looking at my blog, in particular at posts related to the label they were wanting information about.
Most of the chat today was about my recent blog posts about how my inquiry has changed to include literacy and vocabulary. There was also a lot of interest shown in how I am using SOLO, the resources I have made and especially the visual self assessment structures that I have put together with the SOLO activities.
Thanks to +Fiona Grant for the above photo


No comments:

Post a Comment