Thursday, September 24, 2015

Google Plus Collections - Good Place for Research???


I have been having a play with Google Plus Collections.
I have been making a test collection called "Interesting Design" just to see what it was all about and if it would be of any use to me and my design students.
After playing for a while now, I like it as a place to collect related items, but I decided to make a decision on wether or not to use it next year based on what my Y11 students think.

 I posted a poll in our class community to get a feel for what they thought after looking at my example collection. Today, we also had a chat about it.
They liked that it is so multi media - you can post links to sites, videos, images etc all about a related theme and they liked that others can see your research and you can see theirs.

What would improve Collections would be if we could have a collaborative collection where the class could input into the same place.
Maybe this will come in the future.

So... roll on next year and we can give it a go in reality during a project. Too late for seniors this year.. only 4 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment