Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Celebrating the Small Stuff


Sometimes it is nice to celebrate the small stuff that happens in the class.
I have a student in my class who is not the most engaged student you will ever meet!! He has been working steadily in DVC this year, and keeping a pretty steady tally of credits going.
We have been using our Google Plus Community all year to share our work together so we can help each other out with comments and suggest improvements etc.
This week, the work has been modelling shapes that will be comfortable to hold in the hand, as we are designing mobile phones in this project. The students had to put the photos of these models on a Google drawing and analyse what it was about the shape that made it comfortable so they can use these design points in their phone designs.
My student in question did one of these yesterday then couldn't remember which other shape he had made in the photo collection. At the end of the day today, I was checking my emails and there was an update from the Google Plus community. My student had been working on his second analysis this afternoon and posted it up to the community. I don't see his class on a Wednesday so this was the first time he has done this independently and self managed like this. I did a little quiet "whoop" to myself. And yes, he was doing my work in some one else's lesson :D

I know in the big scheme of things, this is a really small thing!!.. but it was a big step for one student today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment