Thursday, April 30, 2015

Site Design - Template 2

This is the second site design template.
I looked at how to collect pages together for different groups. I used the "treehouse" template to get the overall look of the site. The sidebar was kept switched on and I have not used a horizontal navigation bar.
I put two different navigation areas in the sidebar and chose which pages to include in each group.
The group 1 and group 2 titles were made on Google Drawings and saved as image files. These were included in the sidebar in text boxes.
This is quite a simple set up, but I wanted to focus on grouping elements together in the sidebar.
To simplify the look more, I removed the search box that automatically appears in the header and centred the main title.

Link to the site template here.
Link to the documents used on the site here.
If you want to find out how to make the slider on the front page, the link is here.
Check out other site design templates on this link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment