Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Posting away the external work to be marked...

It's that time of year again when I mutter curses at anyone offering to help me sort out the senior work to send away for external marking. ( The help is offered very generously, but I know what I'm like. I have a way I like to do things and I will be extra grumpy if someone doesn't do it that way!!)
What has been trickier this year for the Level 3 students especially, is that their research, analysis and design development are all on their Google docs and not in their books. With Level 3, the whole project has to go, not just the elements that are being externally marked, so a quick rush round to print off their work was in order, so the project was a complete bundle, not just the drawings and notes in their sketch books.
With Level 1 and 2, I sent the drawing elements that were needed for external marking, and left the research, development, notes etc online. I will only print off the individual students work called for moderation in the new year. This means that I have to set myself some time aside to move the students online work from the teacher dashboard, and copy it into my Google docs. (note to self for next year - start this process earlier!! )
I cannot wait for the day when NCEA come into the 21st century and I can just send them a link to the students work sitting pretty online. It will save them a load on parcel post!!
My plan for next year, is that each senior student will have a Design and Visual Communication Google site of their own where they will put all of their work, instead of on individual documents.


1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to seeing this day arrive too - keep posting about it from the "netbook-face"

    ReplyDelete