Friday, November 9, 2012

Making the Cyber Safety Site

I was given the task recently of creating a Cyber Safety Google site for the students to use at school. It wasn't until I got really into it that I realised what a big job it could turn out to be. I am having new ideas and finding new resources all the time while I am busy on the site. There is loads of stuff out there, I have just been collating it all together into one handy little place for the students to access. I have also been trying to write "modules" for the students to work through for different topics. I have been writing these in the form of Google forms embedded on the site itself. All the answers from the students will come to me in a spreadsheet where it will be a simple job of sorting by tutor class and forwarding the answers onto the individual tutors.
My original working title for the site was "Scooby Says". I got this idea from the noise made by students a lot of the time when they are asked a question! We all know what teenagers are like at making grunt answers! When it was time to go live with the site, we decided that we better not use the name of a famous cartoon without permission, so the name Digital Footprints was put in place instead. I am pleased that the original Scooby name has remained in the url though.

If you want to check out the site, the link is here. Please remember that it is still definitely a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment